Jerome et TOI aux USA, ouah, un nouveau forum !!!

Forum Green Card (Carte verte), expatriation et voyage aux USA

[Retour au site www.jerome-usa.com]

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

Annonce

Les règles du forum ont été modifiées ce 24 septembre 2014. Veuillez en prendre connaissance et les respecter, dans l'intérêt de tous les membres.
Merci de votre compréhension.

Cheminement DV2011 - US embassy in Paris   31/01/2011 16:54:21

sista_mai

Cheminement DV2011 - US embassy in Paris

Interview at US embassy in Paris - DV2011

I know that it might help or make some people feel more secure about their interview so I decided to post my whole journey for the next DV winners from France (and other countries as well since it might me similar)

*I applied at the DV lottery 2011 on november 2009. I was in London, UK but I put my parent's address in France (Guadeloupe) to make sure the letter dont get lost in case I would win. It's quite easy to fill the form on the government website, http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/
the most difficult was the photograph, so I went to a photography shop to get a digital one.

* On July 2010, I went online to verify if I won or not (with no hope of winning)
and I saw this:
"Dear Selectee,

Based on the information and confirmation number provided, you should have received a letter by mail from the United States Department of State's Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) notifying you that your Diversity Visa entry was selected in the DV-2011 lottery.

If you have not yet received your selectee letter, please do not contact KCC until after August 1, 2010. International mail delivery delays of one month or more are normal. KCC will not respond to questions they receive before August 1, 2010 regarding non-receipt of selectee letters. If you still have not received your selectee letter by August 1, 2010, however, you may contact KCC by email at kccdv@state.gov."

I called my parents and they told me that indeed, they had receive the letter since April 2010!! But they didn't think it was important. They scanned the letter and also send them by mail to y address in London.

*On the letter they are saying to go on
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4756.html
for the instructions, which I did. I filled all the required form and sent them back to the KCC center in the US. I sent them an email to make sure they received my documents 2 weeks later, They received all my forms by mid-july 2010.

*My case number (CN) was really low (9***) and by august I knew from the VISA BULLETIN that my number would be current in October 2010 (means that I would have my interview during the month of october)

*I sent an email to the KCC around mid september to find out if my interview was already programmed, But the KCC told me that since I had sent my forms a bit late, they were still processing. I had to wait a couple of weeks more.

*Finally after 5-6 emails sent to the KCC between august and November 2010, my forms were finally processed and they gave me my interview date at the US embassy in Paris (20th January 2011)

*All my documents were already prepared : Passport valid for at least 6 months – Birth certificate – High school diploma – Bank statements/Employment contract – 819$US to be paid the day of the interview – One photograh 5x5 – Extrait de casier judiciaire (police record) from France, Canada, and the UK (I have been living in those 3 countries for more than a year each)

*On the 19th of January 2011, I went to Dr Slattery in Paris for my medical examination. (170 euro) – I had a check up, Blood test, radio, and 2 vaccination shots. I went there at 10am and at 11h30 am it was all done. I just had to go back to the clinic at 5pm to collect the sealed envelope with all the results (the Dr Slattery told me that everything was fine)

*I had my interview on the 20th of January 2011 at 1pm.
- I didn't know the area so I went there earlier, at the metro Concorde. The US Embassy, is easy to find since there is so many police cars around (gendarmerie francaise) There is two entrance, you have to take the consulate entrance (the police at the door and around will ask you why are you here and will direct you.
Before you can get at the door, you will see 2 police officers (or security guards) asking you for your ID and your appointment letter. Then they will look for your name on a list and they let you go in. After that you go at the door and then, they ask you if you have any electronic devices with you. In my case I didn't have any ( I didn t know they could keep it for you) So if you have your phone with you they will keep it and give you a number on a badge to be able to collect it afterwards.
You go through the metal detection machine (you can keep your coat on), then you take back your bag and go through the next door.

- It's a large room, there's some soda machines, and even a chronopost envelope machine (in case you forgot yours), they also have a photomaton.
First thing to do when you get there... take your ticket for IMMIGRANT VISA (IV)
You will probably have a number starting with A***
Only 3 people were there for a IV, and I was the only one for the DV visa.
The waiting room was already with people for non immigrant visa (their numbers are starting with B***) In the room( a square room) you had the chairs in the middle to sit down and wait, and all around many windows ( around 20 different windows) with people inside (there is a glass separating from the waiting room and all the conversation will be made through a microphone)
I sat down, and after maybe 10 min they called my number on the screen at the window 11. The guy there was really nice. He asked me my appointment letter and my passport. Then he gave me a piece of paper to sign, then gave me an other paper and told me to go the window 20 to pay the fees of 819$US – I went to the window 20 and paid the fees by credit card.
- Then I went back on my sit and waited for my number to be called. 15 min later, the guy called me back at window 11. He asked me for all the documents: 1) birth certificate original – 2) Police records originals – 3) Proof of education (I gave him my university diploma and my high school diploma) – 4) Proof of personal financial net worth (I gave my bank statements + last 3 paychecks + employment contract + Tax sheet from last year)----On my bank statements I had around 5 000 euros---- 5) Medical examination results (sealed envelope) – 6) 1 Photo 5x5 - 7) Chronopost envelope – domestic France 2kg (You should write down your address on it before you get there)
After giving all the documents, the guy at the window asked me to put my fingers on the machine to take my fingerprints (of all the fingers)
He told me to go back on my seat and wait again for my number, that I will have an interview with the consul.

I went back on my seat, and waited for 15-20 min. Then they called my number at window 10. The consul (a lady) was really nice. She said "hi" and asked me right away to put my finger on the machine to make sure it was me. She made me sign the forms I previously sent to the KCC back in July 2010, then she started:

The consul: "Why do you want to go live in the US?"
Me: "Because my boyfriend lives there"
The consul: "Is he American?"
Me: Yes
The consul: (she was smiling) "Oh so this is why you applied for the lottery... I see"
Me: Yes, It was a very good surprise
The consul: "What did you studied in Canada?"
Me: --- I told her what I was studying..
The consul: "everything look fine, but the only problem is your high school diploma (Baccalaureat francais) that look a bit different from the other one, is it a copy?
Me: Yes it's a copy but I have the original transcript with it. I think my parents kept the original diploma but Im not sure.
The consul: "ok it's not a problem, if you can send us the original diploma, or a letter from the Education department (une attestation du Ministere de l education nationale), we will send you back your passport with your visa packet by chronopost. "

She gave me a special letter with all the details, and how to send back the diploma. She kept all my other original documents.

As you can see the actual "interview" just took 2 minutes.
I left the embassy a bit stressed, and I called my parents right away. They finally found my original diploma and sent it by mail. I sent back the diploma on the 24th January 2011. On the 26th January 2011 I sent an email to the US embassy in Paris to ask if they received it, they reply the next day to confirm reception, they also told me that my file was complete now, and that I should receive the packet at the en of this week (after being reviewed by the consul)

I hope this will help some of you who are looking for answers. I remember how it was difficult for me to find relevant information to understand the process. Also, there is not too many winners from France, which make it more difficult for us.
Personally I found help and support on 3 different forums and groups:

http://forums.immigration.com/forumd...ttery-Visas-DV
http://www.franceservice.com/forum/index.php
http://www.jerome-usa.com/forum/gree...program-c2.php

But the most important was to contact directly the US embassy in Paris when I had questions that nobody else could answer. (Best option)
You can send them an email at : ParisConIV@state.gov

CN: 2011EU000094XX (FRANCE) CP: Paris

Nov 30, 2009: DV Lottery Entered
Jul 8, 2010: Forms sent back to KCC
Jul 16 2010: Post office UK confirms the delivery
Aug 9, 2010: KCC confirms receipt of forms
October 2010: CN current
Nov 16, 2010: email from KCC with interview date
Dec 10, 2010: 2NL by post
Jan 20, 2011: Interview at US Embassy in Paris
Jan 24, 2011: Missing document sent to US embassy - waiting for Chronopost

Nov 30, 2009: DV Lottery Entered - Jul 1, 2010:Found out I was selected online  -  Jul 8, 2010: Forms sent back to KCC    - Jul 16 2010: Post office UK confirmation  - Aug 9, 2010: KCC confirms receipt of documents - October 2010: CN current - Dec 10, 2010: 2NL received - Jan 20, 2011: Interview

01/02/2011 01:06:04

Jérôme
Administrator
Lieu: NYC

Re: Cheminement DV2011 - US embassy in Paris

Merci pour ton témoignage sista_mai.
N'hésite pas à revenir sur le forum pour nous parler de ton expatriation ou aider les participants à la loterie wink

Green Card (Carte Verte) et loterie, expatriation aux USA, demande à tonton Jérôme !

01/02/2011 21:10:56

sista_mai

de rien! j espere juste que ca pourra aider du monde!

Sinon j ai recu mon visa et mon passeport aujourd hui! Ca fait bizarre de me dire que ca y est... J ai tellement attendu! Fallait voir ma tete en ouvrant l enveloppe... j y croyais toujours pas...

Nov 30, 2009: DV Lottery Entered - Jul 1, 2010:Found out I was selected online  -  Jul 8, 2010: Forms sent back to KCC    - Jul 16 2010: Post office UK confirmation  - Aug 9, 2010: KCC confirms receipt of documents - October 2010: CN current - Dec 10, 2010: 2NL received - Jan 20, 2011: Interview

02/02/2011 01:52:52

Ipod

félicitations et merci pour ton récit
ça permet de bien comprendre le déroulement des opérations
bonne continuation à toi

02/02/2011 14:04:17

FEVE62

Bonjour, j'ai bien lu toutes tes infos, merci beaucoup; je me permets de te demander une chose car mon fils en Master1, a été sélectionné via la loterie "Green Card", donc a été appelé par une femme très sympathique, lui faisant passer en quelque sorte un test, puis il est finalement qualifié; le seul problème inattendu, c'est que son anglais doit être un peu mieux et donc pour l'année 2012, trop tard pour 2011 , donc elle lui demande un paiement par CB de 123 Euros ???? Question , ce qu'il n'a pas fait , prétextant qu'il était au travail , ce qui est vrai, stage dans une entreprise internationale à Paris, et donc sans CB sur lui; Elle me rappela, moi, sa mère, en me réexpliquant tout cela, et me demande de régler à sa place 123 Euros ? Pour une chose aussi sérieuse, concernant la " Green Card" . PEUT-ON DEMANDER DE L'ARGENT PAR CB ET PAR TELEPHONE CONCERNANT LA LOTERIE ?

02/02/2011 15:44:39

zoulou69

NE PAYER RIEN

C'est une grosse arnaque.
Dans le processus du DV, on ne paie qu'une seule fois etc'est à l'ambassade des USA.

02/02/2011 18:39:43

sista_mai

Non surtout pas, il n y a aucun frais a payer pendant le processus, tout se paie directement sur place a l ambassade des etats unis, il ne faut absolument rien payer par telephone ni par courrier.

Comme je le dis dans mon recit au debut, pour jouer a la lotterie c est gratuit et c est uniquement sur le site du gouvernement: http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/
Le formulaire prend a peine 5-10 min a remplir, c est juste la foto ke j ai ete faire dans un magasin car c est pas evident a faire soit meme avec une camera.

Par contre y a des organismes qui font payer pour remplir le formulaire pour vous, mais ca c est vous qui voyez. VU que c est gratuit si on le fait soit meme et qu en plus c est super facile.... je comprends pas trop les gens ki le font faire pas un organisme.

03/02/2011 17:03:52

bam's

merci infiniment à tous sista-mai; jerom14 et à tout ceux qui informe le public sur les réalités de la dv .
surtout bonne chance à G....t pour son interview .

04/02/2011 19:30:35

Chryslaine

Coucou,

Est ce que on t'as demandé de donner une adresse au US lors de ton rdv à l'ambassade?

06/02/2011 02:41:52

sista_mai

Salut Chryslaine,
J avais deja mis l adresse aux etats unis dans les forms a envoyer au KCC donc ils ne m ont pas demande..
mais c est sur que si tu n  avais rien mis dans les formes a envoyer au KCC ben il faudra en fournir une absolument lors de l entrevue. L adresse aux etats unis est OBLIGATOIRE.

06/02/2011 22:29:50

josé

Bonjour, je me permets de vous écrire à propos d'un organisme qui s'appelle UFASIS par lequel j'ai payé pour mon jeune frère afin qu'il aie sa Green Card il ya de cela 2ans et tout recement ,il a été contacté par l'UFASIS l'informant via mail et avec entete du departement d'Etat qu'il a été selectioné et a gagné sa carte verte maiis qu'il fallait seulement payé 852$ pour son visa. MA question pensez-vous que la lettre recu avec entete du departement d'Etat l'informant qu'il a gagné la green card est -elle crédible? par rapport aux 852$ ,JE SAIS qu'entre les USA et la RDCongo il ya reciprocité en matière de visa et que le prix peu me paraitre exacte mais c'est pluôt la crédibilité de l'entete du departement d'Etat. Merci j'attends vos éclaircissements

José

10/02/2011 17:32:07

amalek2010

bonjour,

j'ai passé moi aussi par le même organisme, mais attention  tu ne dois rien payé pour eux, en plus tu doit recevoir une lettre ecrite par voie postale  du KCC ( pas de la part  de USASIS). DONC ATTEND DE RECEVOIR CETTE LETTRE  EMANANT DU kcc. et lorsque tu reçoit cette lettre  le reste des démarches tu le trouvera sur  ce forum, il est trés bien fait avec tout les témoignage qu'il te faut.
bon courage

18/02/2011 19:04:39

lenny

Merci beaucoup sista_mai pour toutes tes informations...
Ca me permet vraiment de voir plus clair.

Thanks again!!!

01/05/2011 17:01:16

ohk

bjr Sista  si j ai bien compris tes vaccins manquants ont été faits sur place le jour de ta visite medicale??? et si oui est ce que tu as du payé pour les vaccins ou bien c est inclus dans les 170 euros??? merci

04/05/2011 23:51:32

julia_z

Bonjour sista ton message m'a beaucoup éclairé!

Je me demande si tu as traduit tes documents (extrait d'acte de naissance, diplôme du bac, extrait de casier judiciaire, etc.) pour l'entretient au consulat? As- tu du faire appel à un traducteur?

Merci!

05/05/2011 21:10:04

GaelleT

la traduction n'est pas obligatoire. TOUT tes  documents doivent etre ou en français ou en anglais... si ce n'est pas le cas, dans ce cas tu devras faire traduire par un traducteur assermenté.

CN: 2011EU000069** (FRANCE)
October 2009: DV Lottery Entered  - May 2010 : 1st NL from the KCC  - August 2010: Forms sent back to KCC  (yeah a little late i know) - January 2011 : 2nd NL received - February 24th, 2011: Interview, Green Card ACCEPTED - March 3rd, 2011 : got the chronopost with my passport + visa + documents smile - June 3rd 2011 : I'm now living in the US !

06/05/2011 01:13:58

Jérôme
Administrator

Les documents doivent être en anglais ou dans la langue du pays où on passe l'entretien (par exemple en français en France).

Green Card (Carte Verte) et loterie, expatriation aux USA, demande à tonton Jérôme !

06/05/2011 01:19:06

julia_z

Merci tous les deux pour les réponses! C'est nickel ça en anglais et français. Je n'ai plus qu'à espérer que tout se passe bien.. Je reviendrai pour d'autres questions!

12/05/2011 21:33:43

sista_mai

salut! Je voulais juste donner un update sur mon arrivee aux states!

DOnc je suis arrivee le 6 avril 2011 a Atlanta, Georgia, Ca n a meme pas pris 5 min avec les agents d immigrations, ils ont prit mon visa packet, mes empreintes, ont confirme mon adresse pour recevoir ma green card, tampone mon passeport et HOP! c etait fini!

J ai recu ma green card par la poste 3 semaines plus tard, et mon SSN 1 mois plus tard.

J ai ete changer mon permis de conduire francais mardi, fallait que je passe un test ecrit et un test de conduite, j ai tout fais le meme jour, ca m a prit a peine une heure en tout, le test etait super facile, j ai rate qu une question et le road test encore plus facile... bref on m a fait payer 20$ pour le tout, on m a remis mon permis de conduire francais et remis un permis de conduire americain
A noter qu il faut absolument votre SSN et une preuve de domicile (bank statement ou un bail)

Bon a part ca il fait super chaud en Georgie, l essence coute super cher now (compare a avant, pas compare a la france lol) et... j ai bien l impression que tout a augmente depuis mon dernier sejour la bas y a 2 ans... la nourriture, les loyers...

13/05/2011 04:04:19

Jérôme
Administrator

Et bien bonne chance pour ta nouvelle vie et ton business !
Si je passe à Atlanta un de ces 4 je m'invite chez toi wink (tu vas faire des jalouses)

13/05/2011 10:45:44

eric

Bonjour
merci sista pour ton message. pour le permis français  là au moins c est clair. tu pourrais me dire combien coute un loyer ( un T1bis ) pour avoir une idée.
pour l'argent on a le droit d'emmener la somme qu on veut ou pas ? as tu gardé la carte bleu qua t avais en france ?

tu peux nous dire combien est le smic la bas ? 9 € en france 7 $ aux usa, ma femme me dit je ne vois pas pourquoi tu veux qu 'on y aille, ; )   tu pourrais me donner quelques
raisons pour la convaincre stp.    merci

comment fait pour choisir l'etat ? selon votre travail ou vos amis sur place ou autres choses ?

merci.

15/05/2011 12:49:34

lucieb

Bonjour!
J'ai mon entretien sur Paris le Mardi 17 Mai mais j'ai un empêchement. Simplement, impossible de trouver un numéro de téléphone pour appeler et essayer de reculer. J'ai envoyé FAX et email mais aucune réponse, est-ce qu'un saurait comment contacter ce service là sur Paris?

Merci

15/05/2011 19:25:46

donfas2002

Salut
Avec un peu de chance tu auras une réponse à cette adresse ParisConIV@state.gov, car je l'ai utilisée et j'ai eu une réponse de la part de l'ambassade us paris. Mais c'est pas un peu tard pour reporter ton rendez vous, en tout cas bonne chance

16/05/2011 09:11:34

lucieb

Merci! j'espère que ce ne l'est pas! J'ai essayé de le changer plus tôt mais personne ne répond ni à mes fax ni à mes emails sad Merci pour tout et belle journée!

16/05/2011 10:36:33

lucieb

C'est bon mon RDV a été reporté!Merci de ton aide et surtout de ta rapidité smile Belle journée!

Pied de page des forums